The Thundermans ReviewThe Thundermans is an American superhero live-action comedy television series that began airing on Nickelodeon, on October 14, 2013. The series is created by Jed Spingarn. Nickelodeon announced that it ordered 20 episodes for the show. The preview premiered on October 14, 2013. The show officially premiered on November 2, 2013 stars Kira Kosarin, Jack Griffo, Addison Riecke, Diego Velazquez, Chris Tallman and Rosa Blasi.
The preview received 2.4 million viewers. The series premiere received 2.6 million viewers. On December 20, 2013, the series was renewed for a second season. On March 4, 2015, the series was renewed for a third season. On May 31, 2015, it was confirmed that the third season will premiere on June 27, 2015.
|The Thundermans Review|
PlotThe show revolves around a suburban family with superpowers and specifically 15-year-old twins, one a superhero and one a superhero wanting to be a supervillain. They moved to Hiddenville to live normal lives.
Cast and charactersMain characters
- Kira Kosarin as Phoebe Thunderman/Thunder Girl, a 16-year-old super heroine twin to Max (20 seconds older than him), and older sister to Billy, Nora and Chloe. She's very responsible, a straight-A student, and tries to play by the "no powers" rule. She has telekinesis, freeze breath, and heat breath. In the episode "Thundersense", Phoebe develops a new ability called Thundersense that warns her if herself and others are in danger. Her superhero alias is Thunder Girl.
- Jack Griffo as Maximus "Max" Octavius Thunderman, a 16-year-old super villain twin to Phoebe (20 seconds younger than her), and older brother to Billy, Nora and Chloe. He wants to attend Villain University when he's older. His basement bedroom serves as his "evil lair", and it is also where he keeps Dr. Colosso (a supervillain Thunder Man turned into a rabbit). He has the same powers as Phoebe.
- Addison Riecke as Nora Thunderman, the second youngest of the Thunderman family, and a mischievous 10-year-old little sister to Phoebe, Max, Billy, and older sister to Chloe. Her superpower is heat-vision. She can easily recruit Billy into any scheme of hers as she scares him a bit.
- Diego Velazquez as William "Billy" Thunderman, the 3rd born Thunderman child. He is an energetic 12-year-old little brother to Phoebe, and Max, and older brother to Nora and Chloe. His superpower is super-speed.
- Chris Tallman as Hank Thunderman/Thunder Man, the husband to Barb and father to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora, and Chloe. His superhero alias is Thunder Man. His superpowers are flying and super-strength. He has now half-unwillingly retired as a superhero in order to give his kids a stable and normal home. He still uses his powers to fly to places around the world.
- Rosa Blasi as Barbara "Barb" Thunderman/Electress, wife to Hank and mother to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora, and Chloe. Her superpower is controlling electricity and lightning. Unlike her husband, she is completely okay with leaving her superheroine life behind. She does, however, agree with Hank that Max is going through a super villain "phase" that needs to end. Her superhero alias is Electress.
- Maya Le Clark as Chloe Thunderman, youngest daughter to Hank and Barb and baby sister to Phoebe, Max, Billy, and Nora. Barb gave birth to her in "A Hero is Born". Her babyhood superpower was making bubbles (which could be activated by tickling her), and her current permitted superpower is teleportation.
- Dana Snyder as Dr. Colosso, one of the world's greatest villains and Hank's former arch nemesis, until Hank transformed him into a rabbit while still Thunderman. He is kept in Max's bedroom. It is shown that he loves Max very much. His puppet is performed by Stephen, Edward, & Charles Chiodo.
- Audrey Whitby as Cherry, Phoebe's best friend who is bubbly, tech savvy, and horribly dimwitted. She's unaware of that the Thundermans have superpowers even though she witnessed them herself (the family convinced her they were practicing a play). Although, in "A Hero Is Born", she learns all about their superpowers. It is implied that she has a crush on Max.
- Teala Dunn as Kelsey, a girl who is friends with Phoebe and Cherry.
- Harvey Guillen as Cousin Blobbin, the sidekick of Barb's deceased millionaire Uncle Wilfred (formerly a superhero called the "All American Blob"). In his will, Wilfred left his enormous fortune, and mansion, for Blobbin. Blobbin is very sensitive, but at the same time extremely devoted to family and usually helps the Thundermans in whatever way he can.
- Helen Hong as Mrs. Wong, an owner of a pizza restaurant who is never nice towards anyone, especially the Thundermans. In her debut episode, Phoebe and Max take up jobs in her restaurant but end getting fired after they inadvertently destroy her kitchen, thus igniting her contempt for the twins and their family.
- Haley Tju as Darcy Wong, Mrs. Wong's niece who suspects that the Thunderman family have a secret. Her best friend lived in the house that the Thundermans now occupy, which may be the reason why she hates them so. Although, she once explained that she just loves causing pain, so it's probably just her wicked personality.
- Tanner Stine as Oyster, a guitarist boy who is in Max's new band as of "Pheebs Will Rock You". Phoebe initially had a crush on him until learned that he is somewhat crazy.
- Kenny Ridwan as Gideon, a boy in Max's new band who seems to have a crush on Barb and Phoebe.
- Keely Marshall as Sarah, one of Phoebe's math classmates who also has an obsessive crush on Max.
- Jeff Meacham as Principal Bradford, Hiddenville High's selfish principal who secretly does not care about the students.
- Barrett Carnahan as Link Evilman, Phoebe's current boyfriend who is the son of Hank's former supervillain nemesis, Evilman.
ProductionOn August 3, 2012, Nickelodeon announced The Thundermans as one of its upcoming live-action shows.
Shooting began in mid-February, and the extras will be cast at that time and throughout the production at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. Its pilot was shot in October 2012.